Sunday, February 24, 2013

Boston's Fish House

We had a surprisingly good dinner at Boston's Fish House recently. I say surprisingly because, our first time there, I thought there was a bit too much breading and fried food. But this time, we ordered some great items that were not fried and it was all very, very good. Maybe a bit pricey, but still good food. 

We journeyed the whole mile away from home to there on a weekend night with a friend and decided to start off with an appetizer, the Fried Mushrooms. Now, forget about what I said previously about too much breading and too much fried food--these were really very good. They came out of the kitchen nice and hot, and a very good-sized portion. The breading was light and not at all greasy, and lent a nice flavor to the juicy, meaty mushrooms. I liked this a lot. 

For dinner, both Tommy and I ordered the Mahi-Mahi dinner. I had mine done blackened, and Tommy chose the Cajun. He thought the cajun was just a bit too spicy for him, but i thought both were very good. We had them both baked, too, not fried. So this really was good. We each took home about half our fish and enjoyed it another day (as a fish sandwich). Last time I had the beans, I called them "unremarkable," but this time they were a lot better and I really enjoyed them. The coleslaw was good, too. Again we had a nice meal here and will have to return. Yumm!
Boston's Fish House on Urbanspoon 

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, fantastic blog! I've been enjoying browsing through all your wonderful meals here- You've been to some really tasty looking restaurants! I particularly like the look of this place, fish and seafood of all kinds are my go-to favourite meals, so I'll be trying here next time I'm in the area!
    I don't suppose you would be interested in sharing this over at Glipho? We're a new social blogging site with an active community of creative bloggers, many of whom write about food and restaurants themselves- I know they would love to read and discuss your work here! If you get a chance, perhaps you could pop over to http://glipho.com and see what you think. You can import old posts from here into Glipho too, without affecting anything at all- it's pretty easy!

    Thanks for your time, and the really enjoyable restaurant recommendations. I look forward to reading more from you soon!

    All the best,

    Teo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I will have to check out Boston Fish House. I am always looking for new seafood restaurants in the area. Have you ever used Dining In? It's perfect when you want to order in but don’t want to leave the house to pick it up!
    seafood delivery Boston, MA

    ReplyDelete