Saturday, September 19, 2009

TooJay's

I had lunch at TooJay's yesterday. I have to admit that they generally have consistently pretty good food there, I've eaten there quite a few times (Lake Mary, FL location). 

Yesterday I had the Chicken Caprese sandwich. I nice-sized portion of chicken breast topped with tomato slices, whole basil leaves, mozzarella cheese, and with a bit of balsamic vinegar. It was very good and a huge portion for lunch. The only complaint is that after a while, the basil gets hot and wilted and stringy, but that's to be expected. If i was building the sandwich I think I'd put on the mozzarella and brown it a bit, then top with tomato and finally the basil. But it's a small point and was a good sandwich. My go-withs of coleslaw and a side salad were equally good, though for some reason my requisite two, count them two, cucumber slices included one that was triple thick. No matter, i'm not a cucumber fan. 

So, it was a good lunch at TooJays, and always is. I don't think I've ever had a bad meal there, though never anything truly outstanding either. It's a deli, they have nice deli-type food. Oh, and great desserts--some of those are truly great.
Toojay's Gourmet Deli on Urbanspoon

1 comment: