Monday, March 1, 2010

Chili's Grill & Bar

My friend and I were hungry for some comfort food the other night and so decided on Chili's Grill & Bar in Daytona Beach. Chili's does not pretend to be gourmet food, but it is mass produced food done well with good service in a nice atmosphere. 

It happened to be the opening weekend of Bike Week in Daytona, so restaurants were busy and Chili's was no exception. However the host seemed to have a great grasp of the situation. We had no sooner gotten one of those wireless beepers than he came by to retrieve it and take us to our table. Wow, that was the shortest wait I've ever had--barely had that thing in hand two seconds! Our waitress also was very competent and friendly and she did a very nice job.

I started out with a draft beer--didn't know it was two for one but I didn't complain either. And we started with the chips and salsa. I'm used to run-of-the-mill salsa, but this was actually above average (though the chips were just average). But the salsa was not only flavorful, but had a nice kick to it. i ate a lot of these and needed the two drafts to help wash them all down.
I ordered a salad with my dinner and it came promptly. It was a good salad, though sort of full of "stuff." It had chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, corn, and a few red onions in it and some nice croutons. The lettuce was primarily romaine. It was a good salad. I only needed a small portion of the house citrus viniagrette to dress it. Yumm, it was good.
For my dinner I opted for the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. This was also very good. It was served on a whole wheat roll (my choice) which was nice and hearty. The chicken was breaded and fried and covered in a nice and hot/spicy buffalo sauce, atop a slice of tomato and a bit of lettuce. It was also dressed with some blue cheese dressing. You know, for what it was, this was a nice sandwich and I thoroughly enjoyed it--a lot!

We had a nice meal at Chili's, just good food with good service and for a reasonable price. At a time when some big-chain restaurants are empty and some floundering, this location seemed to be very busy and sure knew how to take care of people. I'd eat here again, for sure. If you want gourmet, try elsewhere. But if you just want a good meal for a fair price, give this place a try.
Chili's Grill & Bar on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment