Monday, March 1, 2010

Peach Valley Cafe

I have never been disappointed in my meal at Peach Valley Cafe. The food and service here is consistently high quality. My visit for lunch recently was no exception. We arrived shortly before the lunch rush and were promptly seated. Our waitress, Rachel, was polite, friendly, and efficient.

I elected to start with the soup of the day, a Hearty Grain soup. This was an excellent soup. The grain base was barley, but the flavor was amazing. Corn, carrots, celery and onions formed the vegetable base of the soup, and barley was the predominant grain. The soup was hearty--almost chowder-like, yet delicious and flavorful. I was sad when I was done with my cup of soup. This was one of the best soups I've had in recent memory.

For my lunch, I elected to try the basic Patty Melt. I love Patty Melts, and this was one of the better ones I've had. First of all, the bread was a nice, hearty rye and grain bread, nicely grilled. The onions and cheese were tender and flavorful. But the star was the beef patty. It was cooked just a tad bit beyond the medium rare I requested, but was tender, juicy, and flavorful. This was a Patty Melt that I really liked, and I've had many.

I have eaten at this location and the one in Ormond Beach nearly a dozen times now, and I've never had a bad meal. I can remember my first meal--the Chicken Pot Pie. It's the best I've ever had. I remember the Cajun Pasta--yummilicious! And the Sequoia Burger--outstanding. And one of their best items is their Sausage Gravy and Biscuits--because the sausage gravy is obviously home made--and so are the biscuits.

I will keep on coming back to Peach Valley Cafe time and time again, often with guests. It's always sure to impress, and this visit was no exception. Probably the best brunch place in the Orlando area. Yumm!
Peach Valley Café on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I've had their Cajun Pasta. Nothing about it seemed cajun to me, but it was still really good!

    ReplyDelete