Sunday, March 7, 2010

Taste of Thyme Cafe

Unimpressive, that's how I'd sum up the panini I had at Taste of Thyme Cafe on a recent Sunday afternoon. My Beef and Gorgonzola panini was not bad, but there also was no real "wow" factor to it. Sliced beef mixed with roaster red peppers, fried onions, a bit of mushroom, and some gorgonzola was served on a tasty bun. The bun got a big soggy--it would have been better toasted first to avoid getting soggy. It was a good sandwich and tasty, but just not great. For a go-with I chose the pasta salad. The main thing I can say about it was that it was "lackluster." Just not impressive. There are a number of great eating establishments in downtown Sanford--Stones Throw Bistro is right across the stree and serves vastly superiour sandwiches for a comparable price. Next time, I will cross the street and eat a sandwich elsewhere. 

To their credit, Taste of Thyme also serves ice cream and a selection of coffees and teas. Again, it's good, just not great, in the midst of other great places. Walk on by if you want a sandwich, cross that street!
Taste of Thyme Cafe on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. Unimpressive sums the place up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually stopped in here a few days ago with someone that got ice cream. The person working there seemed really annoyed that she had to deal with a customer. It wasn't exactly inviting for me to come back and try their food...

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I add in I recently just came from Stomes Throw Bistro. If your willing to pay a pretty penny for a very small portion of food then by all means go for it. But I must add in there is no comparing the two..they are totally different resturants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd rather pay a pretty penny for good food, than waste and old dime on something that is less than appealing... You get what you pay for. At Stone's Throw, you pay for good food and get it. At Taste of Thyme, I paid for OK food and didn't even get that, sorry.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taste of Thyme has fantastic food. The girls that used to work there were unreliable and not passionate. The owner Beth and her daughter have brought their passion and love into the restaurant and their food and it is delicious. They are always smiling and aim to please. You should give them a second chance now that it is just the two of them working; you won't regret it now that it is done right and with care.

    ReplyDelete