Sunday, June 13, 2010

Alive After Five: Blues & Bar-Be-Q a huge success!

The June 10th Alive After Five is history and it was a fun time, for sure. My friend Tom Abbott has a lot of his artwork at Art Affair Gallery in downtown Sanford and this Alive After Five had an opening for a show of a lot of his new stuff in the gallery's showroom. Tom specializes in three-dimensional art using paint and other media. He really does take paint to a new dimension!

The art show opening was very well attended an yours truly catered the appetizers. I made Blue-Be-Q Chicken Tacos and My Sangria's Got the Blues. Both were very well received--I got a lot of favorable comments. Because I was busy serving, I did not get to many of the other Alive After Five venues, but I did get out and find there was a nice crowd. A number of friends came to see the opening, sample the food, and enjoy Alive After Five as well. The gallery  was packed most of the evening, and Tom received lots of ohhs and ahhs about his work. Overall, it was a very sucessful party--once again?

Next month for Alive After Five: International Night on July 8th. I'll be there, will you??

0 comments:

Post a Comment