Sunday, August 1, 2010

Terra Mia

My meal here the other night on a Monday night was good, but not great. I was more impressed on my previous visit. But still the food was good. I'd been travelling all day, 9-10 hours on a plane or in an airport, and had been home a bit and was now tired, so my friend Tommy and I decided to head back to Terra Mia in Lake Mary. 

First about the wine: I thought it a bit on the expensive side, $6 for a house white wine. Not overly expensive, but just a bit expensive. Oh well...

For my entree, I had the Tortellacci: a cross between a tortelline and a ravioli was served in a tomato sauce. It was pretty good, though a bit heavy. But the flavors of the tomato were fresh and bright, and the pasta nice and flavorful.

My friend Tommy had the Pollo Parmagiana, parmesan-crusted chicken served with a tomato sauce over spaghetti. Tommy mentioned that it was very salty. I tasted it and I'd agree, way too much salt. It would have been a pretty fair dish if it wasn't for the heavy dose of salt. I have to wonder if the chef ever tasted the sauce for this dish.

Overall, our experience here was just OK. for the fancy menu, fancy web site, and fancy surroundings, I was not overly impressed. I think next time I come it will be for the pizza, judging from those around us, that's what's popular and good here!
Terra Mia on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment