Tuesday, March 20, 2012

P.F. Chang's China Bistro

I learned a good lesson on my recent visit to P.F. Chang's China Bistro--ask what the price of the special is if you're going to order it. I was in town for business and decided to give this place a try for dinner. All the dinners seemed reasonably prices and within my expense account, in the $15-$20 range. I was ready to order, but the server mentioned the specials, one of which was a Seafood Trio, Sea Bass, Scallops, and Shrimp. I was sold--but I should have asked the price--and he should have told me, because it was WAY, WAY OUT OF LINE with the regular menu prices. The price? $29.99! Outrageous. And it was not all that good.  

It was a large portion of Sea Bass, but it was not cooked through. The outside was tasty enough, but the inside was not cooked and was tough. The scallops and shrimp were breaded and fried and were less than ordinary--I've had better at a cheap bar along the Intracoastal for a lot less. So overall, I was totally unimpressed. I've never been a big fan of P.F. Chang's but decided to give them a second chance. Bad choice. Never again!
P.F. Chang's China Bistro on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment