Friday, July 30, 2010

Anthony's Pier 66 (Belltown)

I had an excellent dinner at Anthony's Pier 66 in downtown Seattle recently. I was in town on business and a group came here for dinner as the guests of on of our business partners. It was a great choice. First of all, the ambience... I had never been to Seattle before, but we were downtown on a beautiful summer evening, clear and sunny. From my seat, I could see the Cascade mountains on one side--and the moon about to set over then--and Mount Ranier on the other. It was a great setting.

There were a dozen of us and were were very well taken care of by a competent waitstaff, very well taken care of. We started off with drinks--I had a local brew, and ale. We had quite a selection of appetizers to start with. They included the Pier 66 Tower, Pan seared beef, Coconut prawns, and Mussels, and they were all very good.

I started my meal with a fresh salad featuring local produce including raspberries and blueberries, goat cheese, walnuts, and fresh greens. It was excellent.

For my entree, I chose a combination of Fresh Alder Smoked Salmon and Fresh Alaskan Halibut, served with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. Oh. My. God. The salmon was out of this world tender, juicy, and flavorful. It was truly the best salmon I'd ever had. We were told that it was the very end of the season for the run of the King Salmon, and that's what we had. Well, it was certainly outstanding. The halibut was also very good too. And, because they were nearly out of halibut that night (our party consumed the last of it), the brought me more salmon as they though my halibut portion too small. No matter, it was all exceedingly delicious and definitely "to die for."

Everyone in our party agreed that the meal was exceptionally good, and everyone left well satisifed. Definitely, 100%, without a doubt, good eats!
Anthony's Pier 66 (Belltown) on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment