Sunday, August 23, 2009

Caffe Positano

I never have had a bad meal or less than very good experience at Caffe Positano in Lake Mary, and last night was no exception. My only complaint at all is that when you go to their web site, it plays music automatically--I am not a fan of web sites that do that. Anyway, once again we had a great experience there.

We were warmly greeted and seated immediately. Our server, Luz, was very attentive and helpful, explaining the specials and answering all our questions. We've had her as a waitress before--she's the best!

For an appetizer we had Shrimp Buona Sera, shrimp with butter, garlic, parsley, and provolone. It was good though the shrimp a bit on the small side and a bit hard to find swimming in the butter and covered with cheese. Still it was quite tasty and the shrimp, while not perfect, were well done but not rubbery.

For my main dish I ordered a special which was tender chicken breast covered with cheese, roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, and a few other tasty things. Let me just say, it was delicious. The chicken was very tender and the whole meal just fabulous. I started off with side salad with a homemade Italian dressing, also very good.

My friend had the Baked Fettucine Roberto, baked chicken, veggies, tomato sauce, light cream, and mozzarella. Though the amount of chicken seemed to be rather slight, it was still a very good dish and quite tasty.

Total damages for our meal (not including a generous tip) including wine, appetizer and main dishes was about $60. Not cheap, but a very good meal. You get what you pay for!

We had another great experience here at Caffe Positano and will come back again and again and again. One of two very good Italian restaurants in Lake Mary, I highly recommend it!

Caffe Positano on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the website music, (and too much animation).....kind of annoying.....

    But the food is good!

    ReplyDelete