Sunday, August 23, 2009

Chili's Grill & Bar

I had lunch the other day with a few coworkers at Chili's Grill & Bar in Lake Mary. It was OK, but just OK. I've eaten at Chili's a number of times and it's OK for what it is, mass-produced food that's moderately tasty but not always all that healthy to eat.

Wanting to be a bit healthy, I had half a Smoked Turkey sandwich and a side salad. The salad was OK, not very big, but pretty typical for chain restaurant fare. But the turkey sandwich, I'll tell you, looked absolutely nothing like the picture on the web site. It was a fair portion of turkey and that part was good. But the bread was very boring and a bit on the stale and dry side. It was not very good at all. The Chili's menu on the web claims the sandwich is :Sliced hickory smoked turkey, Swiss cheese, mayo, lettuce & tomato on a toasted chile-pepper sandwich roll." But mine was only served on a very plain white bun. Very disappointing, but it was lunch, I was with others with limited time, and just ate it. The fries, by the way, were somewhat lifeless and boring as well, I think they'd sat just a bit too long and were certainly not fresh out of the fryer--the first thing I tried was a fry. Oh well.

All in all, a mediocre experience at at mediocre chain. I guess I am not surprised....
Chili's Grill & Bar on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I will admit, i ate here last Sunday night and it was pretty good for what it was. The appetizer trio was tasty, and my "lite fare" Buffalo Chicken sandwich was pretty good. The service very attentive. Not my favorite place for a great meal, bud adequate for the price.

    ReplyDelete